Updating your Time Sleuth is easy to do once you've purchased the needed tools and have downloaded the correct software.
- Altera USB Blaster
- Time Sleuth firmware - You will need to make a selection for each switch position. We program and ship ours as 408i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p
- Quartus Prime Lite- 17.1 recommended. You will also need to download FPGA support for MAX10
Now that you have the required software and tools you can begin programming your Time Sleuth.
- Open Quartus and select the option to "Open Programmer Window" (note where my cursor is)
- Add the firmware you downloaded
- Connect your USB Blaster to your PC's USB port and click "Hardware Setup" located at the top left of your Programmer Window. Select USB Blaster by double-clicking on "USB Blaster" from your list and close the pop-up. When you finish this step the cell next to "Hardware Setup" should now read "USB-Blaster [USB-0]"
- Connect power to your Time Sleuth with the provided USB-B cable (the face LED should illuminate)
- Connect your USB Blaster to your Time Sleuth's JTAG port
- Press "Start" from the Programmer Window
- When the Progress bar (top right of Programmer Window) shows 100% disconnect the USB Blaster, then disconnect the power.